Thursday, December 01, 2005

Summer ....Any one heard of Cricket!!!

Well Folks,

I think a few blogs ago I mentioned how good it is to be able to watch NZ teams tour the UK and watch the games unfold at a comfy time, like 2.30pm. Now after 5 weeks of these 2.30p kickoffs, I am glad to be able to resume normal drinking hours, a la 7ish. Why is it we have to drink when watching the All Blacks, come to think of it, I don't remember the last game I watched sober!!!! Brilliant

So after yet another 2.30 kick off, and predictable All Black victory followed by a rather surprising Kiwi's triumph... You can imagine the state we were all in. Not to mention our friend Sean supplying all the refreshments, care of Hieneken! Being the gracious guests, we filled our boots. Carnage ensued at the Bar, couch diving and poor dancing being the main culprits. A great day to be a Kiwi, and shit house to be an Aussie within 10 feet of me! I sure made up for the past 10yrs of sporting misery.

So Our rugby season has finished, now for theirs to kick off. I need cricket!!!! I see many an argument arising in the bars around Dublin, as a drunkin duChats tries to get any game of cricket put on the TV. It's about as popular over here as a Ham sandwich in a synagogue, I'll have to start watching bloody soccer eventually. We might have to bit the bullet and order Sky!!

duChats

p.s. The next few weeks blogs will have a festive theme......what ever that is!!!! HoHoHo

No comments: